Western Illinois University offers the International Commitment Scholarship to qualified undergraduate and graduate students (students who are not US citizens); awards are based upon GPA and full time enrollment in a degree program at WIU; students must be newly admitted, non-sponsored international students enrolling at WIU for the first time; scholarship is only applied to WIU tuition; students who have graduate assistantships or are sponsored are not eligible.
Study Subject: All Courses offered at the University.
- Must complete the application process and be accepted into a degree program at Western Illinois University
- Must have a minimum 3.5 GPA (confirmed by WIU International Admissions Office)
- Full-time enrollment (a minimum of 12 semester hours undergraduate and 9 semester hours graduate) per semester
- Required to use University Housing options (some exceptions may apply)
- Must be newly admitted undergraduate or graduate, non-sponsored international student enrolling in WIU for the first time
Number of Awardees: 20
Value of Scholarship Award: $3,000. $1,500 will be awarded fall semester and $1,500 will be awarded spring semester
Duration of Scholarship: Renewable yearly
How to Apply: International Commitment Scholarship is automatically awarded to students who qualify upon acceptance into WIU.
To Visit Scholarship Web Page Click Here
Application Deadline: 1st of October (annual)
Okegbemi Olusoji Festus is an Editor/Creative writer at campustori.com, A digital media Executive and a known Social Media Enthusiast.