Ellen MacArthur Foundation is offering Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowships to pursue postgraduate programs at 14 partner universities in the UK. Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The Wild Card competition is an amazing opportunity for two students from any universities in the world to win a place, worth £10,000, on the exclusive Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowship Programme for both themselves and their faculty mentor.
The foundation mission is to accelerate the transition to a circular economy. The Ellen MacArthur Foundation was established in 2010 with the aim of accelerating the transition to the circular economy.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing Postgraduate program.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to design, engineering and business students.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship worth UK£10k to develop a Circular Economy Innovation Project as part of a postgraduate study course in design, engineering or business, this consists of:
- £2k bursary
- Week-long, fully-paid summer school on the circular economy in the UK
- Online knowledge-building program and support facility, including the opportunity to participate in the CE100 six-week Executive Education course
- Platform for deeper engagement and cross-pollination by sharing emerging circular economy practices with our international network of university and business partners, who are working together on circular economy innovation.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Application for the 2017 Fellowship Programme is open to postgraduate students who meet the following requirements:
- Confirmed and accepted place on a postgraduate course in design, engineering and / or business at one of the Fellowship Partner Universities, including proof of all necessary funding, by 12 February 2017 at the latest.
- Able to:
Attend an online interview on either Monday 20, Tuesday 21 or Wednesday 22 February 2017, if shortlisted
Attend a week-long summer school in the UK, 12 – 16 June 2017
Undertake a research project as part of their course, during the Fellowship year
Take part in the 2017 online knowledge-building program.
- Evidence of the support of an academic mentor within their home university and the availability of that mentor to attend the week-long summer school, in the UK, 12 – 16 June 2017.
Nationality: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A postgraduate student (‘graduate student’ in the US) studying design, engineering or business.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Method of application: All applications are submitted online. This will involve completing an online form and uploading a link to your audio-visual presentation via YouTube. Details of an alternative way to send us your audio-visual, for those applying from China only, will also accompany the online application form.
Application Deadline: All submissions must be received by February 12, 2017.