Henley Business School is offering postgraduate studentships for the UK and international students. These studentships are open for high-quality doctoral candidates to conduct full-time postgraduate research in Leadership, Organisations and Behaviour.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide a unique opportunity to undertake original research that is timely as well as business relevant and to develop your critical thinking, intellectual capacity and creativity.
Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing full-time postgraduate research programme.
Field of Study: University is looking for PhD candidates with excellent potential in the areas of Entrepreneurship, Social and Organisation Studies, Leadership, Moral Agency and Business Ethics and Non-market-related strategies. Students with an interest in these thematic areas within their research centres are invited to apply.
Value of Scholarship Award: Up to 4 postgraduate studentships, each worth up to £15,000 plus University fees, are available for outstanding applicants wanting to conduct full-time postgraduate research in the areas listed.
Eligibility Status: Students should have obtained an equivalent of a merit or above in a Master’s degree in a related science, social science or engineering field. Relevant research and/or industry experiences may be considered for those with exceptional strengths.
Nationality: Home/EU and international students can apply for these scholarships.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are expected to have obtained IELTS 6.5 (with no element below 5.5), TOEFL 570 (or 230 computer-based) or have passed a TEEP (University of Reading) test with the score of 6.5 (with no element less than 6.0).
How to Apply: The process for applying does not follow a linear path that is identical for every student, but the basic steps are as follows:
- Write a research proposal outlining the topic you wish to research. Please ensure that you read the information on our ‘How to Write a Research Proposal’ page before starting, as it will give you some useful advice.
- Choose an academic member of staff, listed below on this page, that has a similar area of research to your research proposal’s focus. You can then send your research proposal to them for comment.
- If the academic in question is interested, they will get back in touch with you. It is likely that they will have some questions or suggestions for improving your research proposal. Please note that if you do not receive a response you must not send your research proposal to all the other academics listed on this page.
- If the academic is satisfied with the proposal you will be invited to apply. Please note that you can apply before this, but until you have the support of an academic supervisor you will not be able to complete the process.
- Apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button on the right-hand side of this page.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is the end of August 2017 and the deadline for studentship applications is June 30, 2017.