Applications are invited for the Maria Pia Gratton International Award. This award is intended to enable a female graduate student from outside the United States to have an academic and cultural experience at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Illinois). Preference will be given to a student who has had a limited opportunity to travel outside of her home country.
The selection process for this award is highly competitive. Each year, the selection committee reviews approximately 50-100 completed applications. Eligible females are encouraged to apply for the 2017/18 academic year.
Fields of study
Award is available to current or intending graduate students in any course at Illinois
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
1). Applicants must either be:
- currently enrolled as graduate students at Illinois with at least one academic year (i.e., two semesters) of graduate school remaining beginning in Fall 2016; OR
- if not currently enrolled as graduate students at Illinois, applicants must be applying to begin graduate study at Illinois in Fall 2016 (Note: Applicants who have not yet been admitted to Illinois must follow regular academic admission procedures.)
2) Applicants must be international students (U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply)
3) Applicants must be female (applications from male applicants will not be considered)
The selections committee will take into account the degree to which applicants share Pia’s philosophy of life and desire to improve their multicultural experiences and education. Pia believed that living among various people, studying various cultures, and learning various customs taught her to appreciate and respect the people of this world.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT the United States)
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA
Scholarship, if successful, covers one academic year
Value of Scholarship Award
The Gratton Award provides a tuition waiver* and a monthly stipend totaling $10,000 for the academic year.
* Please note that some Colleges and/or programs do not accept tuition waivers. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm the availability of a waiver in her department before applying. If the student’s department cannot accept a tuition waiver, the student is not eligible to receive the award. See official website for more info.
How to Apply
The application consists of three questionnaires, a letter of recommendation, and a student agreement. The first questionnaire asks for basic information about the applicant, the second questionnaire asks the applicant to respond to an essay prompt, and the third questionnaire asks the applicant to provide detailed financial information about funding sources. The letter of recommendation may be submitted online by an individual authorized by the applicant. The student agreement outlines the conditions of applying for the award and requires an electronic signature.
Scholarship applicants must complete and submit all of the questionnaires as well as the letter of recommendation and student agreement. Your application will be complete once you see check marks in each of the questionnaire and material boxes.Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on this scholarship award, and to commence your application
To Visit Scholarship web Page Click Here
The deadline to apply for an award for Academic Year 2017-18 is Monday, February 15, 2017 at 11:59PM
Okegbemi Olusoji Festus is an Editor/Creative writer at campustori.com, A digital media Executive and a known Social Media Enthusiast.