The Government of Québec is offering excellence scholarships for foreign students. These scholarships are available to pursue doctoral research, postdoctoral and short-term research program for the academic year 2017-2018.
The objectives of the Excellence scholarship program for foreign students (PBEEE) is to support the internationalisation of research in higher education institutions in Quebec, attract the best researchers and the best foreign students and promote radiation q and college centres for technology transfer (CCTT).
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
1st November 2016.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral research, postdoctoral and short-term research program in Québec.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded all research sectors (health, social sciences, arts and humanities, natural sciences and engineering) preselected by a Québec university, the Trans-Tech Network ( for CCTT), the China Scholarship Council (CSC) and the Secretariat of external Relations of Mexico (SRE) and the National Council of Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACYT) to begin or continue studies or research activities in Quebec. There is no preferred search area.
Value of Scholarship Award
- Doctoral research scholarships (V1, 1B, 1C, 1I, 1M, 1W): $ 25,000 per year. The maximum duration of this scholarship is three years (nine sessions) with the possibility of extension up to 12 months (monthly allowance of $ 1,000).
- Postdoctoral Fellowships (V2, 2B, 2C, 2I, 2M): $ 35,000 for one year, non-renewable.
- Scholarship Short-term research or professional development (V3, 3B, 3C, 3I, 3M, 3W): $ 3,000 per month for a period of four months.
All countries scholarships: Doctoral research scholarships (V1); Postdoctoral scholarships (V2) and Short-term research or professional development scholarships(V3)
Québec-Brazil scholarships: Québec-Brazil Doctoral research scholarships (1B); Québec-Brazil Postdoctoral scholarships (2B) and Québec-Brazil Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3B)
Québec-China scholarships: Québec-China Doctoral research scholarships (1C); Québec-China Postdoctoral scholarships (2C) and Québec-China Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3C)
Québec-India scholarships: Québec-India Doctoral research scholarships (1I); Québec-India Postdoctoral scholarships (2I) and Québec-India Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3I)
Québec-Mexico scholarships: Québec-Mexico Doctoral research scholarships (1M); Québec-Mexico Postdoctoral scholarships (2M) and Québec-Mexico Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3M)
Québec-Wallonia scholarships: Québec-Wallonia Doctoral research scholarships (1W) and Québec-Wallonia Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3W)
- Must meet all eligibility requirements at the time of contest closing either the 1 st November 2016 (date to be confirmed separately for pre-selected students of the CSC);
- Must have been preselected by a university, the Trans-Tech Network (for CCTT), the SRE or CONACYT to September 23, 2016;
- The stock market Québec-China must be pre-selected by the CSC at the latest March 31, 2017;
- Must not have already received a scholarship for foreign students Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Quebec (MEES), the Québec Research Fund – Nature and Technology or the Quebec Research Fund – society and Culture;
- Should not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Must not have applied for permanent residence under the Canadian immigration laws;
- In addition to the conditions mentioned above, the candidate must take note of the restrictions and follow administrative prerequisites:
Restriction for study programs: Candidates for Québec-Wallonie scholarships must have previously studied in a French-speaking Belgian university at the time of receiving the award.
The awardees doctoral research (V1, 1B, 1C, 1I, 1M, 1W) are:
- Be holders of a certificate of acceptance (CAQ) issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion and a study permit issued by the Canadian Consulate valid throughout the period studies in Quebec.
Holders of a postdoctoral fellowship (V2, 2B, 2C, 2I, 2M) and award of short-term research or professional development (V3, 3B, 3C, 3I, 3M, 3W) must:
- Be holders of a work permit issued by the Canadian Consulate for the duration of stay in Quebec.
How to Apply
Once shortlisted, the candidate is given a personal identification number (PIN) and a password. He must then fill out an electronic form. It must then fill out an electronic form which will be attached the required documents on the website of the NRF . Only the e-form in the 2017-2018 competition and other documents required are accepted.
Okegbemi Olusoji Festus is an Editor/Creative writer at campustori.com, A digital media Executive and a known Social Media Enthusiast.