Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 CEU Doctoral Scholarships for International Students in Hungary.
CEU offers a competitive financial aid package to students in doctoral programs. Applicants to a CEU doctoral program are automatically considered for a CEU Doctoral Scholarship. Students admitted to CEU doctoral degree programs are eligible to receive the CEU Doctoral Scholarship for up to three years.
February 1, 2017
Value of Scholarship
The CEU Doctoral Scholarship covers tuition and medical insurance. In addition, recipients are awarded a monthly stipend of 220,000 HUF calculated to cover educational and accommodation costs (Economics and Business Administration PhD students receive a monthly stipend of 250,000 HUF). Students need to budget additionally for travel, recreation, and incidentals.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field from a recognized university or institution of higher education, or provide documentation indicating that they will earn such a degree before enrollment in a CEU doctoral course of study.
- In exceptional cases, the Department of Cognitive Science will also consider candidates who only hold a bachelor’s degree, provided it is in a discipline closely associated with cognitive science.
- The Department of Mathematics also accepts excellent candidates with a bachelor’s degree only, if they have completed at least four years of university by the time of enrolling, and have a strong mathematical background.
- Students enrolled in a doctoral program at CEU must not be simultaneously enrolled in other institutions of higher education, and are required, at the beginning of their studies at CEU, to sign a declaration to this effect.
How to Apply
Below is the list of the documents students needs to prepare or arrange for submission
- Completed CEU Application Form 2017/18
- Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Records
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Program-Specific Requirements
- Proof of English Proficiency
Okegbemi Olusoji Festus is an Editor/Creative writer at campustori.com, A digital media Executive and a known Social Media Enthusiast.