Two full scholarships are available for applicants ordinarily resident in Africa, and who are applying for the full-time MSc in African Studies.
Course Level: Masters
Field of Study: African studies
Eligibility Status: You will be considered automatically for these scholarships if:
- You are applying to start a new graduate course;
- You submit your course application by the relevant January admissions deadline;
- You are subsequently offered a place after consideration of applications received by the deadline;
- Your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January admissions deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March admissions deadline; and
- You meet the eligibility criteria.
- The eligibility criteria will be applied automatically, using the details you provide in the relevant sections of the graduate application form (for example, your country of ordinary residence and your previous education institutions), to determine whether you are eligible.
- Selection is based on academic merit, unless specified otherwise.
- Some of the scholarships are only tenable at specific colleges. Unless specified otherwise, you do not need to select that college as your preference on the graduate application form. All eligible applicants will be considered, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference. However, successful applicants will be transferred to the relevant college in order to take up the scholarship.
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2017-18 are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
The scholarship is only tenable at Linacre College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to Linacre College in order to take up the scholarship.
Number of Awardees: 2
Value of Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers course fees, college fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,296.
Duration of Scholarship: Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Scholarship to be taken at (country): University of Oxford, UK
How to Apply: There is no separate application process for this scholarship: to be considered, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline (20 January 2017). Selection is expected to take place by the end of May 2017.
Application Deadline: 6th or 20th January 2017, depending on your course||Offered annually? Yes
Okegbemi Olusoji Festus is an Editor/Creative writer at campustori.com, A digital media Executive and a known Social Media Enthusiast.