The aim of the scholarship is to promote innovative and interdisciplinary research study in architecture, urbanism and related fields.
Research at Kent School of Architecture achieves excellence in both the history and theory of architecture and in sustainable urban, peri-urban and environmental design.
Whether students are applying to the University of Kent as a home or overseas student they will need to satisfy minimum English language entry requirements for their application to be considered.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD research programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the School of Architecture.
Scholarship Award: The award covers a fee waiver (Home/EU amount), a stipend and a payment for teaching. The award is usually given for 3 years subject to satisfactory progression.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Candidates must hold a good Honours degree (First or 2i) or a Master’s degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
- The scholarship competition is open to all new postgraduate research applicants.
- Current Kent research students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- UK, EU and overseas fee paying students are invited to apply. Please note that overseas students must have the appropriate documentation to evidence eligibility to work in the UK.
Nationality: UK, EU and overseas students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: A minimum 2.1 honours degree, plus a Master’s degree or MArch in architecture or an appropriate subject, or equivalent track record and professional experience in architecture.
English Language Requirement: Whether students are applying to the University of Kent as a home or overseas student they will need to satisfy minimum English language entry requirements for their application to be considered.
How to Apply: Application must include a proposal of about 500 words that makes at least brief reference to a number of key points:
- Research questions
- Proposed research methods
- The background to your research and current work in the field
- Suggested schedule of work, in outline
- Proposed contribution to the work of our research centre environment
- A bibliography of existing texts in the field of your proposed research
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 30, 2017.
Okegbemi Olusoji Festus is an Editor/Creative writer at campustori.com, A digital media Executive and a known Social Media Enthusiast.