University of Amsterdam, Netherlands is offering the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) for 15 International students to study for Masters degree 2017/2018. The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year. There is the possibility of an extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes.
Course Level: Masters degree
Field of Study: The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is eligible for these fields. Also, you can find the specific eligibility requirements, selection criteria and application instructions on the Faculty or Graduate School websites.
- Child Development and Education
- Economics and Business
- Social Sciences
Value of Scholarship: Full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year
Eligibility Status: Students from any discipline who graduated in the top 10% of their class may apply. Candidates wishing to apply for an AES scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under studiefinanciering, the Dutch system of study grants and loans. The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible studiefinanciering support throughout the academic year.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes (CROHO). You can apply for the Master’s programme and the AES scholarship simultaneously. Your Master’s application will be assessed before the AES deadline. In your application, clearly indicate that you are applying for the AES scholarship.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time. An AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Master’s programme at the UvA.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her Master’s programme.
- The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES. Notify the UvA if you have been awarded and accepted another scholarship.
Selection Criteria: Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field, as evidenced by:
- the candidate’s academic record. Students from any discipline belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply;
- the academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) programme has been obtained;
- a letter of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor;
- the quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career);
- a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student committees, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in each of the four components);
- the quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Number of Scholarships: The UvA will award up to 15 of these scholarships annually.
Duration of Scholarship: Students who receive the AES for a two-year Master’s programme will be evaluated after one year of study. The scholarship will only be continued for the second year if the AES student has completed all courses of the first year on time and with a grade point average of 8.0.
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
How to Apply: Applications for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) are made through the admissions office of the faculties and graduate schools. As long as you meet all the requirements, you can apply for the AES at the same time as you register for your programme.
Application Deadline: Deadlines for the AMS differ per Faculty or Graduate School. Click the link below to view specific scholarship deadlines.
Offered annually? Yes
Award Provider: University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Okegbemi Olusoji Festus is an Editor/Creative writer at campustori.com, A digital media Executive and a known Social Media Enthusiast.