We are pleased to announce that the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs is inviting application for its Student/Teacher Essay Contest.
About Contest: From climate change, to refugees, to terrorism, many of the greatest problems facing us in the 21st century transcend national borders. All involve ethical issues, such as fairness, rights, and responsibilities.
Essay Submission Deadline: 31st December, 2017
Eligible Countries: International
- All teachers, at whatever level, are eligible.
- All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible. Non-students are automatically disqualified.
- Collaborative essays between students and teachers are welcome.
- Previous winners and honorable mentions are not eligible.
- Style: Op-ed style (not academic, footnoted papers)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Format: Blog post on www.globalethicsnetwork.org. English language entries only.
- Limit: One entry per person.
Essay Winners’ Prizes
1st prize: $250 Amazon Gift Certificate
2nd prize: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
3rd prize: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
All winners also receive a copy of Ethics & International Affairs: A Reader
How To Apply:
- Join the free Global Ethics Network (GEN) website: www.globalethicsnetwork.org.
- Post your essay in the blog section and tag it with #essaycontest2017.
- Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- The name of your school.
- Indicate whether you are a teacher or a student, and at what level (high school, undergraduate, graduate).
Essay Topic: In your opinion, what is the greatest ethical challenge facing the world today?
In your opinion, what is the world’s greatest challenge, and how does it affect your local community and/or the world? What are the ethical issues involved and how can we work together to overcome this problem?
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Award Providers: The Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs
Okegbemi Olusoji Festus is an Editor/Creative writer at campustori.com, A digital media Executive and a known Social Media Enthusiast.